- Adapted from Brian Lagerstrom’s method.
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 ea Evaporated Milk, 5 ounce can
- 1 1/2 cup Cavatappi dry pasta
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Add water, milk, pasta, and a large pinch salt to a sauce pot and bring to boil over high heat, stir occasionally. Reduce heat to medium once boiling. Use the time on the noodle package to gage how long it will take. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix cheeses with cornstarch to coat.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and black pepper.
- Add cheese mixture to pot and stir to melt. Return to low heat if you need to finish melting.
- Taste for seasoning & add additional salt if needed. Garnish with additional shredded cheeses, black pepper.
- Toasted panko crumbs are a great garnish. Add a half cup panko to a couple tablespoons of ghee in a sauté pan on medium high until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: mac and cheese, macaroni