Light and creamy lemon with a hint of lavender, inspired by a glass of lemonade I had once at a Planned Parenthood Abortion Rights rally in 2022.
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Preserved Lemon Curd
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Angel Bake brand Lavender extract
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 10 seconds on high. Add the sugar, and beat with a whisk attachment in a stand mixer for a minimum of 60 seconds. The goal is to mostly dissolve the sugar into the cream cheese. Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Stop the mixer and add the preserved lemons curd. Mix slowly until fully incorporated and the sugar is dissolved. Make sure to scrape the bowl.
- Reduce the speed and slowly add the heavy whipping cream. Once incorporated, slowly add the milk. Mix on medium for a minute until the batter is completely mixed.
- Pour into Creami container and freeze for 24 hours minimum.
- When ready to serve, remove the Creami container from the freezer and process immediately.
- Preserved Lemon Curd is regular lemon curd with the addition of pureed preserved lemon. See my method for Preserved Lemons here, and for the Preserved Lemon Curd here. It takes a bit of time, but the lemons last forever and are a great way to add a punch of flavor that’s just otherworldly.
- Increase the lavender extract by 1/8 teaspoon at a time if you want more of the lavender. I take no responsibility for deviation from this recipe.
- Be careful of how much air you whip into the batter. The volume will increase beyond the capacity of the Creami container if you make this in a blender with a whisk attachment.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Additional Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 hours
- Category: Recipes